The Orioles are a game out of first. A series win or sweep could make them the leader

weams

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I don't even worry about the standings this time of year. Just get in the habit of playing good baseball. The bats have woken up now. We still need to see more quality starts. The bullpen has been good and the defense pretty solid (though today wasn't the best). I'm hoping to see three good starts this weekend.

Wait, I thought the season was lost 3 days ago.

It seems that people here are starting to remember that this is the Baltimore ORIOLES season and not the Baltimore RAVENS. Starting 2-5 is disastrous in the NFL. In the MLB, EVERY team goes through at least one 2-5 or worse stretch throughout a season.

Now, sitting at 4-5, we're a game out of first place. But as also said on here, no point even glancing at the standings right now. Until at least the middle of May, the standings won't do very much to show who is doing what. By the middle of May, we'll start to get a decent idea of who's good, and who isn't so great.

It seems that people here are starting to remember that this is the Baltimore ORIOLES season and not the Baltimore RAVENS. Starting 2-5 is disastrous in the NFL. In the MLB, EVERY team goes through at least one 2-5 or worse stretch throughout a season.

Now, sitting at 4-5, we're a game out of first place. But as also said on here, no point even glancing at the standings right now. Until at least the middle of May, the standings won't do very much to show who is doing what. By the middle of May, we'll start to get a decent idea of who's good, and who isn't so great.

I have a sneaking suspicion that we just played the last place team

Their starters should be decent but their pen is bad. They're going to blow a lot of leads. If they even have a lead. Offense has bright spots and holes.

Their starters should be decent but their pen is bad. They're going to blow a lot of leads. If they even have a lead. Offense has bright spots and holes.

Ladies and gentlemen ...... pinch-hitting for OFFNY: SCOTT o

Losing Rivera and now Robertson is going to kill that team.

There is no dominant team in the AL this year. Nearly anyone can make the playoffs if they simply achieve. Think about it:

- Baltimore still has question marks in the rotation

- Boston is primed for regression

- New York is old and has a shaky bullpen

- Tampa has little offensive depth and Moore is hurt

- Toronto has pitching question marks and are minus Reyes

- Detroit still has no bullpen depth

- Cleveland has a shaky rotation

- Chicago won't hit as well as they started and have depth issues on the staff

- Kansas City still hasn't hit a home run

- Texas has injury problems

- Los Angeles has injury problems

- Oakland has a Jim Johnson problem... and offensive question marks

- Seattle has a shallow lineup and injury problems

The only two teams that I think are out of it from the start are Minnesota and Houston... and Houston will do much better than last year.

There is no dominant team in the AL this year. Nearly anyone can make the playoffs if they simply achieve. Think about it:

The only two teams that I think are out of it from the start are Minnesota and Houston... and Houston will do much better than last year.

This is why I scoffed at PECOTA and the other models that pegged the O's as a sub-.500 team. Yes, the team is flawed, but so are all the others that they rated higher. The O's will certainly be competitive (and I think playoff-bound).

I was expecting the East to be a real Battle Royale, like it is already early. 4 or 5 teams beating up on each other, maybe 90 wins or even less winning the division. But it's looking like the whole league is the same. No really dominant teams anywhere.

I like our chances too. Our offense can be very good, Pen has looked great, we know the defense will help a lot. Need the rotation to revert to the norm... but it (always) should. We have some tricks up our sleeve later too, rotation wise. Gonna be a fun year I think.

You certainly may be right. The way things have transpired (along with the eye test), it wouldn't shock me at all for the division winner and the division basement to only end up a handful of games apart... 88-74 for the winner and 79-83 for the basement.

Wait, I thought the season was lost 3 days ago.

Yea, I was prepping a 17-paragraph post on how DD, if he plays his cards just right, could sell off everyone over 24 and potentially get back in contention by 2019.

If they could move that timetable up to right now I guess that's ok.

Archived